Wednesday, April 24, 2013

What on earth...?


What on earth are we- the David Junkers-  doing in Japan?

Right now, my family- Naho (my wife), Joshua (19), Shane (17), Hosahna (15) and I- are serving with the Abundant Life Christ Church in Matsumoto, Japan. My parents served in this area for close to 50 years and started 6 churches. My brothers and I are seeking to further their ministry and then start more reproducing churches…. This Abundant Life Christ Church almost 'went under', but, by God's grace, is now coming back to ‘life.’ The Lord has used my brother Jon and his wife in a special way to bring this about. We are also working toward transforming this church- by the power of the gospel (Romans 1:15-17). We want it to be a healthy church that reproduces other churches. And we want to do this in partnership with other churches, such as Azumino Family Chapel and Pastor Koiwai.... I teach ‘writing’ part-time at Shinshu University (presently 3 classes). However, my passion is gospel-centered living, preaching and discipling. My wife’s gifts are in the area of worship and music…. Our church has about 30 weekly worshippers, but can not support a Japanese pastor yet.... Please do pray for us....

And contact us at ☎ 0263-28-9836 & thru e-mail  David Junker  (dave@junkerjapan.org)
                        Or snail mail: 2-22-14 Idegawa, Matsumoto, Nagano 390-0827 Japan

Pict: David preaching at Abundant Life Christ Church, Dec. 2011.


No comments:

Post a Comment